Arnica Salve for back and joint pain

So, as many of you that know me know, I do LOTS of other projects.  From rebuilding a Volkswagen to making herbal teas.  Well, here is the latest one.  I am making a balm/salve for muscles and joints.
The idea is to make something stronger and better than Tiger Balm and others like it.  I have been tinkering with it for a while.  Here is the first steps.  I had to make the base...
The most common base has either bees wax or petroleum.  I didn't want to use any animal products or petroleum (basically a by product of crude oil)... bleech!
I did some research and really tried many different things including almond oil, coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, different alcohols, and even trying to get some bees wax.  I felt badly that I was taking from bees needlessly and so looked all over for alternatives.
Here is what I found.  A really good wax called Candelila (which comes from a shrub) can be used in place of petroleum.  It is a very hard wax though and has to be cut with something to give it a better feel and smoother texture.  Also has to be somewhat easy to absorb into the skin without being irritating in any way.   I got a hold of some Shea Butter which has great properties, is very stable and quite nice for and on the skin.



[gallery ids="204,203,202,200,199,201,197" type="rectangular"]
I had to experiment on what to do in regards to the amounts of each in the formula.  I was looking for a similar texture to Tiger Balm or Siddhalepa (one I found in Sri Lanka).
Here was the process:   I had to melt the candelila wax in a double boiler as to not burn the wax.  I used a hot plate and an old pot I had for herb preparations I made.
The first picture of the table has all the ingredients I was working with.  (I will post them in detail later) .  I have the oil/wax mixture in the small Plexiglas ramekins I got at the local 'chef' store.  I just had to keep mindful of which one was which.  Once they all melted together I set them aside to cool and set.  I had not added any of the active ingredients yet.
[gallery ids="205,206,207" type="rectangular"]
As I was able to melt everything together I had to keep really good notes.  I was able to find a great ratio of wax to Shea Butter and have it all set for the next step.  Adding the chemicals and oils for the therapeutic effect.
So I had to come up with the labeling.  What a chore that was.  I was trying to get too much information on the little round 1.5" labels.  I ended up using Microsoft's Paint application and was able to design the logo (The Blue Faced Bear) and the vital information.   I found a printer that would get me the labels rather cheaply.  I will post them in the next installment.  But here is the new logo as well as a sample label.

[gallery ids="208,209,210,198" type="rectangular"]
The ingredient ratios:  (this is from notes of 2/25/2019)
All are Essential Processed oils:  Mostly from CCS, LLC * (Consolidated Chemical and Solvents
Arnica 4 parts, 4 ounces or 8 tablespoons
Mentholatum* (Methyl Salicylate) 2 parts, 2 ounces or 4 tablespoons
Camphor 2 parts, 2 ounces or 4 tablespoons
Pinene* 1 part; 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons
clove oil 1 part... 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons
 (total of 10 parts for easy measuring) 

Wax (Candelita) 1 parts= 5 oz. (10 tablespoons)
Oil (Shea Butter) 3 parts =15 oz.  (30 tablespoons)

The first set was 30 finished items:
Tins, labels, tape to close each one, printed directions and small bag to hold it.  

Label details:  This is from Sellercentral.amazon.com 
  1. Drugs must be labeled in English with the following information:
    1. The title of the drug
    2. The “Drug Facts” panel
    3. The active ingredient(s)
    4. The purpose(s) of the drug
    5. The use(s) of the drug
    6. Any required warning(s)
    7. The directions for using the drug
    8. Any other information, as required for the specific product
    9. The inactive ingredients
  2. Drug must use the claim “FDA approved” appropriately
  3. Drug labels must not use the FDA logo
I will be altering some of the info and also putting in a piece of paper explaining more about the product.   Later I will be adding a couple different formulas to the mix.  The end plan is to have three.
I will make an initial batch of about 30 and give them away for people to try and to rate.
So there you go.
Another project.  Catch me for more later this month.

Dr. Sean

OK< New ideas: 
Blue Bear Salve:  (This is the Arnica) 4 parts arnica, 2 parts menthol, 2 parts camphor, 1 part pinene, 1 part clove oil.  
Red Rhino penetrating medicated oil (see Red Flower) 6 parts methyl salicylate, 3 parts cinnamon, Draco resin 1 part, (in Safflower oil)
Yellow Elephant?? (See Siddhalepa) (3 parts eucalyptus, 2 part citronella, 1 part cinnamon, 1 part pinene, 1 part camphor, 1 part menthol) 
Green Dragon, or Shark???  (Tiger Balm) (7 part Eucalyptus, 5 Part Cinnamon, 5 Part Clove, 10 Parts Camphor, 9 parts Menthol) 

Individual CHEMICALS Needed: 
Methyl Salicylate (Have about 900 ml)
Arnica Oil (Have about 100 ml) PRAAN
Camphor Oil (FROM A POWDER CCS)
Pinene (have about 900 ml) CCS
Clove oil (PRAAN)
Draco (Dragons Blood Resin)
Eucalyptus
Citronella (PRAAN)
Cinnamon (PRAAN
(almost all are available at Praan Naturals (https://www.praannaturals.com/downloads/default.asp)
Chemicals are available at (https://www.consolidated-chemical.com/)

BASES
Safflower Oil
Candelilla wax
Shea Butter

All ‘scripts’ can be found on our blog:  https://thenaturalbodyworks.blogspot.com


Phone: 720- 325 9886
Address:  12539 N. Highway 83, Unit B
                Parker Colorado 80134

Here is the text for the Gall Bladder cleanse, you can also see it on my blog https://drseanthompson.wordpress.com/...

The information in these videos are for education only, there is no intent to diagnose, treat or render an opinion.  Any incidental diagrams, drawings, music, video, or other recording are used under the copyright fair use for education and or satire.  Use your own brain, go see a qualified provider if there is any question…
Not responsible for you, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grading the effectiveness of a chiropractic adjustment; 'Click, Clack, or Clunk'

 I have been practicing chiropractic for about 20 years now and have been exposed to, and taught a number of techniques to help realign and ...